1 January 2009

And So It Begins

2008 was a fabulous year for me both professionally and personally with highlights including my book being shortlisted and the birth of my second son. As great as that year was, I'm really looking forward to the new year. I already have some things to look forward to such as the publication of my new chapbook, the Edmonton Poetry Festival (I'm on the board this year and am excited about who we're lining up), attending Banff's Writing Studio, and the motherhood and writing project I've decided to do on this blog. And those just some of the things I know about! I'm excited to see what else the year dishes up.

What are you looking forward to this year?

Speaking of the motherhood and writing project, I've decided to post the interviews on every second Sunday, with the first up this coming Sunday (4th). Up first is playwright, performer and all-round funny woman, Deb Williams. Then we get to read about the creative lives of poet/essayist Shawna Lemay, kidslit writer/journalist Carolyn McTighe and screenwriter Deborah Peraya. I think it's going to be a great series.

All the best to you and yours for the new year. May it be filled with much joy and many blessings.

3 comments:

Ariel Gordon said...

Looking forward to it!

(Also, I'm green that you're doing the Banff Studio...!)

m said...

Thanks, Ariel!

Oh, yes, Banff! So conflicted, yet so excited. Just for the sleep and bacon alone.

Ariel Gordon said...

The first day I was at Banff's Wired Writing Studio, they had a shrimp ring. On the salad table. I nearly fainted.