30 November 2010

Glossolalia Installation: Martha McBride Knight

Back in September, I took my wives to Toronto. I should have written about the experience when I first came back, but you know how life is, it bulldozes good intentions.

My installation featured six poems from my manuscript Glossolalia, about the polygamous wives of Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS Church. Over the next few weeks (months, probably, but let me be hopeful!), I will feature them. Thanks to the gracious Book Madam (aka Julie Wilson), I figured out how to upload sound to this site. The sound files are what was used in the installation. The photos I took, unfortunately, aren't the best, but hopefully they will give you an idea.

Listen!



4 comments:

Ariel Gordon said...

SO nice to hear your voice, M.

m said...

Thanks, Ariel!

Ellinor Forje said...

Very nice, for a while it looked like that you were spelling out my last name.) Thanks for sharing the photos and drop by me too when you have time.

Cheers.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Like! Looking forward to more!