10 April 2012

Two Things This Tuesday

First up, be careful how you respond to a friend's FB post. You may end up being quoted calling yourself boring in the National Post.

Second, if you used Google yesterday, I'm sure you saw the thingy they did in celebration of Eadweard Muybridge's birthday. A few years ago, my husband wrote Studies in Motion, a play about Muybridge. It remains one of my favourite plays of all-time. It was produced by his company, Electric Company Theatre, directed by Kim Collier, choreographed by Crystal Pite, and starred some of my favourite Vancouver actors. I don't think it will go on tour again, but if you have a chance, I suggest checking out the book. It's a great story and Muybridge was such a complex, fascinating man. If reading plays isn't your thing, then pick up Rob Winger's Muybridge's Horse, a fantastic collection.

1 comment:

Ariel Gordon said...

You're the least boring person I know. But that's a pretty awesome quote, M...